I like this so much that I want to add an improv vs. standup piece to it, I think.
1. If you’re watching a show where one performer at a time is on stage with a microphone, you’re watching stand-up.
2. If one performer is on stage at a time, but people come and make shapes or whooshing sounds, that’s improv.
3. If you’re watching a show where there is more than one person on stage, that’s improv.
4. If you’re watching a show at the Improv in Schaumburg, that’s stand-up. (I KNOW, THAT IS SO CONFUSING!)
After even my parents, the people who have the most invested in what I have to say, could not grasp the fact that an improv show Sarah and I were in was not written ahead of time, we decided that this list needed to be created.
Thus and thus, 25 Ways to Explain to Someone Whether They’re Watching…
- droptherootbeerandrun reblogged this from thecomedyoferas and added:
- ryanjoeben likes this
- amychar likes this
- applebright reblogged this from improvobsession
- sw3rge likes this
- desertroamer reblogged this from improvobsession and added:
- joeydundale likes this
- k-cliff reblogged this from thecomedyoferas and added:
- k-cliff likes this
- halphillips likes this
- emilyhoffman reblogged this from improvobsession and added:
- improvobsession reblogged this from thecomedyoferas and added:
- chrisroberti likes this
- improvisorsimprovisor reblogged this from thecomedyoferas
- cfrieds reblogged this from thecomedyoferas
- craigbuchanan likes this
- ryeisenberg likes this
- upstairsgallery reblogged this from thecomedyoferas
- legospaceship likes this
- thecomedyoferas posted this